Tuesday 16 October 2018

When Last Did You Play Dungeons and Dragons?

When last did you play Dungeons and Dragons?


We played on Saturday, and for me, it was easily the first time in ten years (longer as a player; I've been Dungeon Master in almost every game we played).

It was so much fun! In our party, we had a Dragonborn Paladin, a Tiefling Sorcerer, a High Elf Rogue, a Human Wizard  (Yours Truly), a Wood Elf Ranger, and a Gnome Cleric.

Yip, that's a lot of players. In fact, I was afraid it would be too many players, but to our Dungeon Master's credit (a young lady who works with me, Yvonne Delport), it wasn't, and the game went really smoothly.

In our first session, we rescued a young girl who got lost in an imp-infested forest of perpetual fog. After that, it was off to a big city a day's travel away, to convince Lucifer, a fire-elemental owner of a brothel, to part with his magic sword. Hilarity ensued.

We're going to be playing once a month, which is all the time we can commit to in our busy lives. I can't wait for the next session.

If you've never done table-top roleplaying before, I highly recommend you give it a go. It's fantastic for your creativity, and the friends you make will last a lifetime.

Have you got any funny roleplaying anecdotes to share? Let me know in the comments. Let's all have a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment