Tuesday 23 October 2018

My Books Were Featured in my Library

I've been talking a lot lately about libraries, and I've been really excited over the past few weeks, as I've started seeing more and more of them in the Gauteng Libary's Catalogue.

Last week, though, was another first. I was browsing the library's homepage in Libby, looking for something to read. And as I was scrolling through the featured categories, look what I saw....

Yip. Both A Petition to Magic and Tales From Virdura, right there, staring me in the face, prominently featured on the homepage in the "Fast Fantasy Fables" section.

And that's not all. Scrolling further, I see Sliced and Diced, a horror anthology by a very good friend of mine here in South Africa, Joan De La Haye.


I'm so happy for her! She's on the same screen as Stephen King. :-)

I really think libraries are so often overlooked these days as sources of books to read. There really is no excuse for someone to say they can't afford books, or to pirate books because they can't afford to pay for them.

Do you read library books?

No comments:

Post a Comment