Friday 11 May 2018

Dark Whispers by Joanne Macgregor: Book Review


Wow. That's about all I can say, so soon after reading this book.

Okay, I'm kidding. I can probably manage a bit more.

This story was perfect. The pacing was incredible, and it had so much depth. The characters were beautifully written, real people, not cardboard cutouts, and every emotion, from joy to intense pain, came through.

The range of emotions *I* went through while reading this was also truly spectacular. I felt disgust, shame, pity, happiness, and sadness. Sometimes several at the same time.

It's not often that I gush over a book like this, and it's CERTAINLY not often I write a five-star review; a quick glance at my "read" shelf on Goodreads will be enough to tell you that. But in this case, I can say with absolute confidence, if you enjoy crime stories, medical stories, or psychological stories, Dark Whispers is truly a must read!

(My rating: 5 / 5 stars)

About the Book


Between the anaesthesia and the awakening, are the dark whispers…

When a patient in hypnosis describes an experience of mental torture and physical mutilation at the hands of a doctor, psychologist Megan Wright decides to investigate. Determined to find out the truth and stop the abuse, but bound to silence by the ethics of confidentiality, Megan will need to confront the dark mind of a dangerously disturbed man in a deadly battle of wits and wills.

This clever and gripping psychological thriller, with its unexpected twists and unnerving climax will appeal to fans of Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl), Paula Hawkins (Girl on the Train), Sophie Hannah and Nicci French.

Click here to pick up a copy of this book from your favourite retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment