Tuesday 27 December 2016

Do You Believe in Guardian Angels?


I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!

So, it's been a really long time since I've published a book. I won a short story competition about a month ago, and I've been actively promoting the books I do have, but my heart yearns to click the "Publish" button on something more substantial.

Well, I have a confession to make: for the past six months, I've been working on the first draft of my first full-length novel (the others so far having been flash fiction, short stories, and novelettes).

As yet untitled, it's about a man who dies and gets recruited to be a guardian angel. He has some adventures with people from the mortal realm that he's been assigned to protect, and learns some important lessons about humanity and himself along the way.

The finished product is still a long way off, don't get me wrong, but I've been on leave from my day job for the past week, and have had time to put in some serious writing on it.

I'm comfortable I'll have the first draft ready by, say, March 2017, and shortly thereafter I may just be posting again, looking for beta readers!

What do you think? Does this sound like a book you'd like to read?

Want to Name a Character?


In the meantime, I thought it would be cool to offer you guys the chance to get involved. Have you ever wanted to name a character in someone else's novel?

Well, I'm giving one person the chance to do just that. All you have to do is to write a review of one of my books:


Once you've written the review, post it online somewhere. It could be anywhere that's publicly accessible, be it Goodreads, Amazon or some other retailer, or your personal blog.

Then, post a link to your review in the comments for everyone to see, along with your proposed character's name and gender, and perhaps a brief physical description (he or she must be a modern-day human; No dwarves or elves).

If you've already reviewed one of my books, review another one! Only reviews first posted between now and Friday, 27 January 2017 will be counted.

Your review doesn't have to be favourable either. Whether you loved or hated the book in question, I want to hear it. I promise that the winning review will be picked completely at random, from all the reviews I get in, on here and other platforms where I'll be announcing the contest.

Your character may end up just having a cameo role, or they might actually end up being pivotal to the story. If you win, I'll be in touch with you to work out the details.

Whatever you do, do not put any personal contact info in the comments! It's extremely dangerous to publish e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. on the Public Internet, and I'll disqualify anyone who does so.

If you win, I'll find a way to get in touch with you privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment