Tuesday 26 December 2017

My Blog Stats for 2017, Revealed


It's that time of year again, folks. It's time for me to share some insights with you, into who's reading my blog, and what time of content they're reading. A lot has changed since last year's update, so sit back, relax, and read on.

Top Countries

  1. United States
  2. South Africa
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Australia
  5. Canada
The top five is almost identical to my 2016 stats, except that in position 4 and 5, Australia and Canada usurped Brazil and Germany, respectively. As I mentioned last year, it's a bit strange that a South African author's blog sees most of his traffic coming from the United States. And it's by a large margin, too!

Top Searches


A lot more people are finding me through search engines this year. Last year, there were only two searches worth mentioning (witch of wellington and cartoon island survival guide). This year, the results are more varied:
  1. youtube audio storey (sic)
  2. alibris south africa
  3. crossword puzzle
  4. e-library
  5. facebook lead ads
I can't believe people are still searching for my crossword puzzles. I stopped doing those years ago. I never had much participation in my monthly contests, and it was starting to take up way too much of my time.

Top Posts

  1. Short Story MEGA Giveaway
  2. How I (More Than) Doubled My Newsletter Subscribers on Instafreebie
  3. Buying E-Books in South Africa
  4. Buddy Ads - Support Your Local Communities
  5. MailChimp Automation, Facebook Lead Ads, and Zapier
This list is radically different from last year. For one, all of these posts were from 2017. Which kind of makes sense, as my older posts start to languish into obscurity. It's nice to see that people in South Africa are interested in finding out where they can buy e-books in South African Rands, though.

It also shows that people are actually interested in following me on my publishing and marketing journey since three of those top five posts are related to marketing.

Another Year, Done and Dusted


Well, that's it for me for 2017, everybody. I truly hope you had an amazing Christmas yesterday, and that you're having an amazing Day of Goodwill today (or Boxing Day, depending on where you are in the world).

If you got a shiny new e-reader for Christmas, you know what to do. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment