Tuesday 6 October 2015

Heritage of Deceit Paperback (Second Edition) - Coming Soon

For a while now, I've been a bit concerned about what the paperback edition of Heritage of Deceit looks like. It's U.S. Trade Paperback size (6" x 9"), but it's only 46 pages. It just looks too thin.

When I did the paperback of my latest book, Heaven and Earth: Paranormal Flash Fiction, I made it the slightly smaller 5.8" x 8.3". Really not much smaller, when you think about it, but it ended up being slightly more pages. It just feels a bit heftier, and fits more comfortably in your hand.

Because I was quite new to publishing print books, I didn't take into account the "bleed" of the cover, so the end of my surname exactly touches the right end of the book. Finally, there's a typo in it, that's been fixed in the e-book version for almost a year already. It's been bugging me about the paperback edition, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to fix it.

I've already mocked up a cover for the new edition - you can see it on the right. Please comment on this post and let me know what you think!

I'll be working on the new print edition over the next week or so, and it should filter through to all retailers within the next few months. So, you might actually want to hurry up and buy a first edition paperback while you still can. It'll be unpublished once the second edition filters through, and you'll have a collector's edition on your hands....

No comments:

Post a Comment