Tuesday 12 November 2013

Marketing Your Book for Holiday Sales

I read about this book in The Creative Penn's newsletter the other week. It's a free book published by Lulu.com, and it's all about how to market your book, just in time for the Christmas season. You can get it free at http://success.lulu.com/.

Personally, it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Some of these marketing tips I'm not yet doing, and some of them I am, but for the most part, it was a case of "same old, same old".

There is one exception, though. One of the things the book advises you to do is to include a link or page on your website, to make it easy for potential reviewers to request review copies of your book. I think this is a wonderful idea, and although I haven't had time to do it yet, it's definitely something I'll be considering.

Speaking of which, Heritage of Deceit is coming out on 1 December, and I'm looking for early reviewers. If you consider yourself an influentil reviewer of books, like thrillers, and are interested, pop me a mail to reviews@grahamdowns.co.za!

No comments:

Post a Comment